Updates On My Life In Norway

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sorry for the delay

Wow, so I am sorry for not posting more often. As you guys can imagine I have been really busy lately (ok, so a lot of the busy is chillin with friends but w/e) Okay...so since last time....um, wel, our first concert is this weekend. I am playing in three ensambles. The first is me (on the bassoon), marius, karolina and arild (on cellos), sigurd (on bass), Jon (drumset), David (soprano sax), adrian (piano), and ?(i dont remember his name, on electric guitar). We are playing Blue Rondo a la Turk. It is a jazz peice and quite difficult to play but lots of fun. Next I play accompianment for the german girl, Solveig and anne on the piano. Solveig is singing a germen song called Ballad van der Sexualle Hugheit (the ballad of sexual addiction) It is interesting, it is a parody of opera and she and I are supposed to play/sing "ugly"...thats kinda hard to do in front of a bunch of people. Next, I am playing a small diddy with the group that is playing Moon over Bourbon, its cute, piano, drum, bass, electric, singer, cello, sax and bassoon. And finally i am playing in this very pretty swedish folk song. Tuve is the singer and she is just gorgeous in this song. SO yea, we are hoping to make some recordings eventually, i know the sound guys would love to give ti a try.

I have made a bunch of friends here but 3 really good ones. We are like a little group, we do averything together. In this group is a girl from the theatre department called Mari Anetta, she is the only one that doesnt live in tunheimen (my dorm building), next, there is Thor (pronounced- 'toor') he is studying sound editing and production, he lives down the hall from he next to the last of our group, Marius, he is in the music program with me, he plays the cello. We love to hang out and our 2 most favorite things to do are; 1- walk about 15 minutes to the harbour and sit out on the docks watching the marine life under us, and; 2- walk like 5 minutes down the road to the old monastary where there is a stone peir that goes out into the water and we love swimming out there in the day (tad bit chilly, it is the atlantic :) and we love packing a snack and blankets and lay out there watching the stars on a nice clear night, with the ocean right there, there is barely any obstrutions. A few nights ago we brought pizza out there and watched the stars for about 3 hours, spotting 4 right above us that we decided represented us and we promised to be friends forever....so sweet. I love it here. I am actually researching different schools around norway and thinking about applying to some. I just love norway that much, the only thing i miss about home is the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home