Updates On My Life In Norway

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Swimming rant plus some...

Howdy y'all!!! I just got back from Leirvik (an island away) where marius, mari and I went swimming at the "culture house" (kulturhus). It was awesome! The pool was friggin huge and they had a kiddie pool that was the size of the medford pool...insane! The deep end was so deep I had small difficulties getting down there from a surface dive (and i have a really big lung capacity and can normally go really deep quite easily.) The best part of the pool, though, was the the fact that there were 2 diving boards, 2 diving platforms, and a pretty big waterslide. The shortest diving board was about a meter above the water, the tallest diving board was about 2.5/2 meters (the same as the shortest platform) and the tallest platform was 5 meters up!!!! I went off it once and as you go down you just hang there wondering when the water will come. It made me really uncomfortable swimming there though because there were just 2 "lifeguards" (i dont know if they were actually certified) on duty and they sat on the side in some chairs talking. Little kids were pushing each other off of the large platform and the guards didnt pay any mind to them. There were people climbing all over the diving boards, hanging off of them, and the worst was that one teen guy got on another guys shoulders (a big no no!!) AND THEN they jumped off the taller diving board together!!! The lifeguards werent even watching!! I found myself looking for my whistle. My friends wanted to fool around like that but i felt so uncomfortable because these are such no no's. Whatever, just felt like raving...

We are starting our first composition project for music class. We can do any style we want and can use however many/any instruments/voices that we want as long as we have some people that play them here. I am excited. I am writing a quintet for 2 cellos, 1 soprano, 1 alto, and 1 tomtom. It will be really cool. I am using the voices kinda like violins and the tomtom was just something extra that i wanted to add. Thats all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home